About Us

Infrastructure is in our DNA

DECAST is leading the Canadian infrastructure market, including water transmission, bridges, storm and sanitary, tunneling and engineered precast products.

With nearly 600 employees, DECAST’s state-of-the art manufacturing facility is one of the most technologically advanced in the world with the most extensive product line portfolio in the industry.

Since 1989, the company has continually expanded, adding new products and entering new markets. Today, DECAST is the largest manufacturing facility for infrastructure products in Canada.


History

1957 The PreCast Tank and Vault Company is established in North Bay
1989 The company is established and construction of a manufacturing facility in Utopia begins, to make maintenance holes and catch basins for Ontario’s sewer and watermain market
1996 20,000 sq. ft. expansion to make reinforced concrete pipe and become a complete storm & sanitary products manufacturer
2002 Manufacturing facility is expanded to 160,000 sq. ft. to meet increased customer demand
2003 A new state of the art manufacturing facility for concrete pressure pipes is constructed in nine months
2005 Become the only company in the world that manufactures concrete pressure pipe, storm & sanitary pipe and required fittings in one manufacturing facility
2008 Begin manufacturing large engineered precast products and steel fittings
2009 Field Services team is created for installation assistance for concrete pressure pipe and large engineered precast products
2011 60,000 sq. ft. plant expansion is completed for the engineered precast products and 16,000 sq. ft. office expansion is completed for the expanding engineering team. An additional 20 acres of property is acquired to bring the total site area to 110 acres
2012 100,000 sq. ft. expansion is completed for automated rebar production and manufacturing tunnel segments and railway ties.
2016 Company changes its name to DECAST Ltd. The name speaks to the company’s core competencies of casting infrastructure, while acknowledging its ownership by the TACC Group. 5,500 sq. ft. expansion for shotcrete facility and mechanical bay. 100% controlled, 100% indoor facility is now 475,500 sq. ft.